Optimum Asset Management publishes quarterly financial outlooks which provide an overview of the economy as well as of the bond, Canadian equity, foreign equity and foreign currency markets.
It also contains information on our portfolios based on different economic contexts.
- Global growth is showing signs of a slowdown. The U.S. Federal Reserve cut its key interest rate twice in the third quarter, lowering it by a total of 50 bps.
- The Canadian bond market performed well with 7.8% in 2019 and 1.2% for the quarter.
- In Canada, the yield curve is inverted as of September 30th, with the 10-year bond yield below the yields of securities with a shorter maturity. In other words, investors are accepting lower yields for 10-year bonds than for two-year bonds.
- The Canadian equity market has generally performed well since the start of the year, with a return of 19.1%. The third quarter was no exception, with a return of 2.5%.
- Global equity markets have performed very well in 2019. However, negotiations between China and the United States are attracting the attention of investors.
Our Chief Investment Officer, Fixed Income, Pierre-Philippe Ste-Marie, was a panelist at the Canadian alternative investments industry conference organized by Concordia University. We are proud to participate in the financial industry's future development.
2019 Optimum Conference
It was a great pleasure to receive our customers at the Optimum Conference, which recently took place in Montreal and Qubec. A warm thank-you to Milla Craig for her presentation on the importance of ESG factors in investment.
Éric Ouellet s’occupe des gens et, ensuite, de leurs finances! (French only)
Notre collègue en entrevue avec Liette Pitre de l’Institut québécois de planification financière
Analyse de finances personnelles
Train de vie : retourner aux études à 31 ans (French only)
Nos collègues Chantal Matos et Sylvain B. Tremblay en entrevue avec Isabelle Dubé de La Presse.
Brigitte Gascon (French only)
Congratulations to Brigitte Gascon and to all the members from the group insurance, investment and pension sector in Quebec, that were recognized in the Avantages magazine.
Optimum Groupe financier fera de la gestion d’actifs aux États-Unis (French only)
Optimum Groupe financier a conclu une entente visant l’acquisition des actifs et de l’équipe de la firme Hillswick Asset Management basée à Stamford, au Connecticut.
Audio fil : Finances personnelles (French only)
Sylvain B. Tremblay, vice-président, Gestion privée, en entrevue avec Patrick Masbourian de l'émission Les éclaireurs, parle des gens qui donnent à leurs enfants une partie de leur héritage avant de mourir (chronique : 26 mars à 19 h 44)